Wednesday 4 July 2007

Transformers - Robots In Demise?

This much awaited geekfest of a movie opened yesterday in the USA to shrieks, gasps applause and fairly predictable reviews.
The trailer, true to modern tradition, tells you everything you need to know. I particularly like the multi movie referencing, for the robot emerging from the sand, think The Mummy, the scared but cute girl clutching teddy gaping skyward is Gertie from ET. There are touches of Herbie, Independence Day, a little Top Gun and even Duel (albeit with a neat little reversal) You've seen it all before, but with the weather we've been having you'll be seeing it this Summer all over again.
I have my fingers crossed that it's going to be pretty cool.

2 comments:

U2Slane said...

I have to admit I am looking forward to this myself :-P. Saw the Teaser trailer for this about 10 months ago. Will let you know what its like when I see it

P

Anonymous said...

i am really looking forward to this.. salivating in fact.. the big problem is yer man Michael Bay is the director he is irresponsible for the following crimes: Armageddon, Pear Harbor, Playboy video center fold Kerri Kendall (ah wait no this was sort of ok)