Monday 11 August 2008

The Script Album Launch


Up and coming Dublin Band The Script had an Album Launch in St Catherines Church on Thomas St on Friday Night and I went along with John McEvoy. They are getting a major push from SonyBMG at the mo and are straight to No1 with a bullet on the iTunes Music charts. They are a little like a slightly rougher version of Maroon 5. At the launch they played a live set and proved to be fairly tight on stage. The singer keyboardists is showing signs of a rapidly developing charisma which harnessed would make him irresistible to teeny boppers everywhere and the band have an easy rapport on stage. My favourite track from the set was Rusty Halos because they were just hitting their stride on stage and tore it up. They closed with a cover of Bowies Heroes, which I think they played more for themselves than the crowd. They should stick to their own material, it's good enough.

1 comment:

The Captain said...

I like your review. I gave this album a B+, overall very good. Please check out my blog and let me know if you would like to link up.