Friday 1 February 2008

Irish Music Television


I went along to the Irish Music Television launch in 4 Dame Lane last night. Although there was plenty of Tiger Beer on offer I had to opt for the Red Bull as I had my wheels with me. Note to self - don't EVER drink 4 Red Bulls again, know the one that's one too many.

Entertainment for the evening featured a selection of bands from the Eircom Unsigned Bands competition, (check out Cirrus by Saccade, sounds a little like Silverchair do these days)

IMTV offers a fairly good selection of Irish music videos and plan to create all kinds of new programmes for and about the Irish music scene, made available on whatever techie gadget you prefer to use for your viewing pleasure. So far they're using the Joost platform, and you can also check them out on myspace.

The quite brilliant Dark Room Notes have a few of their videos included, including Shake Shake My Ceiling. I used to play Love Like Nicotine a lot on the show, and I love this track too.

No comments: